When people say it’s a stupid, superficial thing to avoid eating at Chik-Fil-A just because you disagree with the politics of the higher-ups, I assume those people don’t realize Chik-Fil-A profits are pumped into organizations that literally support legislation to execute gay people.
When people are actively spreading bigotry, it’s not superficial to take your business elsewhere.
Memories of Grill
- “100 E Congress St, next to Wig-O-Rama”
- The once, the only, the Ken Schorr!
- The “View Of Athens During The Age Of Pericles” mural, presently behind the “Atomic Coffee Co.” sign (if it still exists). Who knew they had high-rise condo buildings in 5th century B.C. Athens?
- The creamy tarragon vinaigrette
- Studying for exams at UA at 3AM
- “When Dining Out, Insist On Food”
- The pink sauce
- Documenting one of the best times in my life routinely with a ca. 1970’s photobooth
- Photobooth props, like the big bucket o’ Yorkshire Brand Lamb Livers
- The Red Room
- The Armed Response
- The Big Bowl O’ Cap’n Crunch
- “Caffeinated On A Quantum Level”
- Howe Gelb casually walking in one night, sitting down at the piano in the Red Room, and playing for patrons
- Dinner, post- (or pre-) Downtown Saturday Night
- Coffee shakes (ice cream, not caffeine induced)
- The eclectic soundtrack
- “Open Later Than You Think”
- Freaking Great Tortellini
- That nothing about the main dining room — NOTHING — changed in ~15 years
- “The Rules”
- The Neon Chicken
- Being there, whenever we needed it, 24/7
The Grill Neon Chicken: Before And After